Mrs Hall is the class teacher in Rubies. She is supported by Miss Haver, who is a Nursery Nurse and the key worker for children in Nursery. Mrs Harrison is our Cover Supervisor and teaches the children in Rubies one afternoon a week.
This half term our topic is 'Why Are Humans Not Like Tigers?'. We will be taking a science focus to this topic. Our English core story this half term is 'The Tiger Who Came to Tea'. In Maths, we will be looking at Place Value and Addition and Subtraction in Year One. In the EYFS we will be getting to know all of our new children, learning what their strengths are and where we can support them in their learning.
Early Years Foundation Stage
- In the EYFS we use ‘In The Moment Planning’ to respond to the needs and interests of our children. Alongside this, we use elements of the Learning Challenge curriculum in line with Year One and Two. These are open ended learning questions that allow the children to guide their own learning.
- We have a daily discrete phonics session based on Letters and Sounds.
- We also have a Maths input based on the White Rose Maths scheme of learning for EYFS.
In Rubies, we are expected to always:
- Work towards our SMIRF targets
- Read at least 3 times a week (we are working towards our whole school reading target!)
- Learn our spellings (sent out on a Friday to be tested on the following Friday)
- Learn to read our High Frequency Words.
- When your child reads five times, they receive five Dojos- so make sure to fill in their reading record.
- When your child can read all of the High Frequency Words in a phase, they will receive a certificate.
What we will be learning about this year:
Here is a list of some phonics websites/apps to support your child at home:
Can be used on computers and soon to be made available on tablets/ipads.
Website is free, just register!
You can download the app on phones, tablets and ipads (costs around £4.99).
Provision for FS1
We offer provision for FS1 all day Monday,
Funding is available for fifteen free hours which can be shared across settings. If you wish to add to those hours a fee of £3.00 an hour is charged as well as a small charge of £2.00 should your child require a school dinner, but is more than welcome to bring a packed lunch.
Also on entry to our FS1 unit, you will be asked to complete a Provision agreement.
A copy of both these forms can be found below.
In EYFS we follow the Development Matters, which breaks down children's learning into age bands. A copy can be seen below. On the entry of any child into EYFS, we encourage parents to have a look at the document "What to expect, when" This document brakes down Development Matters into "I Can" statements.